10-Minute White Bean Parmesan Spinach Soup (prep time 5 min, cook time 10 min, makes 8 servings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 6 tbsp Italian dried herbs
- 4 15 oz cas white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (or more if you want)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
- Stir in the cannellini beans and spinach, and continue to simmer gently until the spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes). Stir in the parsley and season with extra salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.