110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche (prep time 25 min, cook time 1 hour, makes 6 servings)
- 2 small or 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray and add sliced squash and zucchini, chopped pepper, roasted garlic, and thyme. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until veggies are tender. Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or square pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Arrange veggies into the prepared pan. Top with cheese, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set and no longer juggles. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This quiche makes great leftovers! Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- TIP: Baked quiche freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight and bake at 350 to warm up for 20 minutes.