2 Ingredient Pancakes (prep time 5 min, cook time, 10 min, makes 4 servings)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp true butter or olive oil for pan
- Optional Extras:
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder or protein powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder for fluffy pancakes
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or fresh berries
- pinch of cinnamon
- Peel the banana and break it up into several big chunks in a bowl. Gently mash the bananas into smaller chunks using a fork. Add the eggs to the mashed bananas and stir with the fork until you have a custard-like consistency. The batter will be runny and should have a few clumps of bananas. (optional: add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pinch of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.)
- Heat the griddle over medium heat with butter or oil. Drop the batter on a hot griddle: drop roughly 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle. This would be a good time to add nuts, chocolate chips, or berries if desired.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the bottoms look browned and golden when you lift a corner. Gently flip the pancakes and cook for another minute on the other side. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and continue cooking the rest of the batter. Best served with 2 teaspoons raw honey or pure maple syrup.