Baked Blackberry Oatmeal (prep time 10 min, cook time 50 min, makes 6 servings)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare a loaf pan. Pour the blackberries onto the bottom of the pan and spread so they are at an even height.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, ginger or cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the blackberries. Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together in the same large bowl, then pour over the oats, evenly soaking the entire mixture.
- In a small bowl, use your fingers to mix together the maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, nuts, and sunflower seeds until they are all evenly coated. Sprinkle the seed mixture over the top of the oatmeal. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the oatmeal is set and the seeds are lightly browned and crunchy. Serve at any temperature with a drizzle of maple syrup. Keep leftovers in the fridge.