Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon in Foil (prep time 5 min, cook time 30 min, makes 8 servings)
- 2 large salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- juice of 3 limes (plus 2 limes, thinly sliced)
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 6 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- serve 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and sautéed kale with each serving. (toss kale in pot with drizzle of olive oil and apple cider vinegar for 3-5 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together oil, lime juice, honey and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.