BLT Breakfast Salad (prep time 5 min, cook time 10 min, makes 2 servings)
- 3 cups shredded kale (no stems)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 strips cooked turkey bacon
- 2 oz. sliced avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl, combine the kale, olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Massage with your hand for about 3 minutes, until the kale softens.
- Cook eggs to desired likeness. I prefer them soft boiled.
- Divide the kale between two bowls, top with bacon, tomatoes, avocado, and egg.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.