Crispy Black Bean & Rice Burritos (prep time 10 min, makes 8 servings)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 can of canned corn
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- juice of half a lime
- 8 medium whole wheat flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add the bell peppers, onion, beans, corn, cilantro, butter, juice of the lime, and spices, sauté for 2-4 minutes on high. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the wraps, lay tortilla flat on plate on counter, add 1/4 cup of the bean mixture, 2 tablespoons rice, 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Be sure to leave about 2-3 inches from the corners. Wrap burrito by folding over the edges. Continue this for all 8 burritos.
- After the burritos are wrapped, heat a large skillet or pan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil, place the burritos on the skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side until they are golden and crispy.