Detox Kale Salad (prep time 15 min, makes 6 servings)
- 3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing (or put everything in a small blender and blend) and set aside until ready to use.
- Add the kale, cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Add the parsley, diced avocado, sesame seeds and walnuts and toss again.
- Serve as an entire salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.