Easy Bruschetta Chicken, served over kale or spinach (prep time 10 min, cook time 25 min, makes 8 servings)
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh ball of mozzarella
- 12 basil leaves
- Butterfly chicken breasts so that you have 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4″ thick). Place in a shallow dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. lightly oil a grill pan or oven-safe baking dish with olive oil. Place chicken in the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until chicken is done and a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, dice tomatoes and mozzarella. Thinly slice basil and mix with tomatoes and mozzarella. Once chicken is done, remove from the oven and top with tomato mixture. Place back in oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately over kale or spinach that has been wilted over stove for about 4 minutes.