The best, cheapest and healthiest way to feel energized is by drinking water. It really is that simple – no tricks to it. Just drink water. In fact, some studies show that one extra glass of water per meal can help you consume over 1,000 less calories per week because it curbs hunger and you are passing up more caloric beverages.
But sometimes water needs a little oomph – something to make it a little more exciting! Especially if you are going to choose it over other possibly tastier options. Adding a little fruit, herbs and spices to your plane ol’ water can make a huge difference in the flavor department.
Here are 5 of my favorite fruit infused waters:
- Strawberry Mint Water: This is perfect to put in a pitcher for parties! Add a few slices of strawberries and drop in a few mint leaves and done! Tear the leaves before adding to the water to infuse a more intense minty flavor.
- Blueberry Orange Water: It may seem like an odd combo for water, but trust me! Drop a couple orange slices and slightly crushed blueberries into your water and get a fabulous citrus and earthy balance to your agua!
- Mojito Water: This is just like the cocktail version minus the calorie load of alcohol. Slip some lime rounds and mint leaves into your water for a light super-energizing water spritzer.
- Apple Ginger Water: Ginger and apples are a pair made in heaven. Slice some ginger root and any apples of your choice, drop into your water, give it a good stir and you are in for a treat!
- Strawberry Jalapeno Water: Want to clear up cold and sinus symptoms – well, here ya go! Add just a couple slices of jalapeno (minus the seeds) to your water with plenty of strawberries to balance it, and this slighted headed infused-water will deliver a punch of freshness!
These are easy enough, right! Get to it and drink up!