Healthier Buffalo Sloppy Joes (prep time 10 min, cook time 10 min, makes 8 servings)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- dash of salt
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, optional if you like the buffalo inspired flavor
- whole grain buns or lettuce wraps
- Cook the turkey over stovetop until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the head of cauliflower into tiny pieces that resemble the look of ground meat. Finely chop the onion, carrots, and celery. Food processor could be used.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once heated, add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the carrots and celery to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower and add the turkey to combine. Add the tomato paste and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 10 minutes. Enjoy with whole grain buns, sweet potato buns or wrapped with lettuce.