Margherita Chicken Sauté (prep time 5 min, cook time 40 min, makes 8 servings)
- 2 pts. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (or 2 tbsp. pre-chopped basil leaves)
- Preheat oven to 375. Place the tomatoes, shallot, olive oil, 1 tsp. salt and white wine in a small oven-safe, metal fry pan or 8 x 8 glass baking dish and stir to coat tomatoes.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Stir and roast an extra 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the chicken by slicing in half lengthwise to create 8 thin cutlets.
- Mix together the whole wheat flour, garlic powder and 1 tsp. salt. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken cutlets.
- Brown chicken in a pan until lightly brown, about 5 minutes on both sides and put on a plate. Wilt spinach in same pan with a splash of olive oil.
- To serve, place the spinach on the bottom of a serving platter. Arrange chicken on top of that. Generously spoon the tomatoes and pan juices over the chicken and sprinkle the basil leaves over. Lastly, sprinkle with the crushed garlic.