Quinoa Fruit Salad (prep time 5 min, cook time 20 min, makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup dry quinoa, pre-rinsed (faster if you prep and chill cooked quinoa ahead of time)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped mint leaves
- Over medium-high heat bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil, cover and cook approximately 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed most of the water. Turn off the heat and leave the covered quinoa on the burner for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool then refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine the quinoa with the fruit in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice and honey in a jar with a lid and shake. Toss with the salad and sprinkle on the fresh mint leaves.