Roasted Veggie Black Bean and Quinoa Burritos
- 45 oz cooked blacked beans, dried and mashed
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini-sliced lengthwise about 1/2″ thick
- 1 yellow squash- sliced lengthwise about 1/2″ thick
- 1 small eggplant- sliced lengthwise about 1/2″ thick
- 1 large white or yellow onion, sliced about 1/2″ thick
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed well + 2 cups water)
- 3 cups baby spinach- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large whole grain tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and onion in a few teaspoons of olive oil and spread on a large baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes then turn vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes and turn the vegetables again. Roast for another 5 to 10 minutes or until they’re slightly brown around the edges.
- Cook the quinoa while the veggies roast.
- Wrap the tortillas in a clean towel and microwave for one minutes or you can warm them in the oven or in a pan individually.
- Spread an even about of beans, quinoa, vegetables, spinach and cilantro in the center of each tortilla, tightly roll them up and put the crease side down on a plate. Serve avocados, guacamole or salsa on the side.
- Roll them in foil or parchment paper and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Warm them in the microwave when ready to eat.