Salmon Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette prep time 10 min, makes 8 servings)
- 16 cups mixed salad greens (spinach, kale, arugula, sprouts, romaine, any leafy green)
- 8 filets of smoked salmon)
- 8 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 3/4 cups white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, toss together salad greens, salmon, and the basil. Divide greens mixture among two serving plates. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For vinaigrette, in a blender or food processor, combine 4 cups strawberries, white balsamic vinegar, honey, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Store in an airtight container.
- When ready to serve, each plate gets about 2 cups of salad mixture, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1/8 cup pecans and drizzle of strawberry vinaigrette.