Slow-Cooker Quinoa Risotto with Carrots and Asparagus (prep time 10 min, cook time 4 1/2 hours, makes 8 servings)
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cups peas, frozen or fresh
- In a slow-cooker, combine chicken, quinoa, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high 4 hours, until chicken can easily be shredded.
- Shred chicken, then add asparagus and peas to slow-cooker and cook until tender, 30 minutes more.
- Pour over remaining chicken broth and stir until creamy.