Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup (prep time 15 min, cook time 5-8 hours, makes 8 servings)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup milk (unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened coconut milk, skim milk)
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 tbsp. sliced almonds (1 tbsp. per serving)
- Add broth, sweet potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours-or until potatoes are soft.
- Turn off slow cooker and add milk, tarragon and blend 1-2 minutes with an immersion blender until soup is smooth *(if you don’t have an immersion blender, you can ladle soup in a regular blender to create a smooth texture).
- Shred spinach. Ladle soup into bowls and top serving with about 1/2 cup shredded spinach and 1 tbsp.