Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan (prep time 10 min, cook time 45 min, makes 8 servings)
- Serve with a side of either:
- Wilted kale: heat over stove top with touch of olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Wilts down in 2 minutes.
- Baked asparagus: on a cookie sheet and lightly drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook to your texture preference. I like mine still crunchy so I cook mine for about 7 minutes.
- 4 small spaghetti squash
- 8 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat bread crumbs (see homemade recipe)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half- length wise and scoop out seeds.
- Lay the spaghetti squash face up on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking: dip the chicken breasts in beaten egg until well coated. Then cover evenly with bread crumbs.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Let the chicken cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove the spaghetti squash and fill each half with spaghetti sauce.
- Top with chicken breast.
- Add the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle a little bit of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes to warm sauce and melt the cheese.