Spicy Cajun Shrimp Quinoa Skillet (prep time 5 min, cook time 20 min, makes 8 servings)
- 2 lb. raw Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 1/2 cups bone broth or stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 stalks green onion
- Heat oil in a skillet or large pot. In a small bowl, combine the shrimp with Cajun seasoning, sea salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until opaque. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and stir until fragrant, then add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
- Add quinoa, stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is just done. Stir in lemon juice, chopped green onion, jalapeno and cooked shrimp. Cook until shrimp are heated through again, just a minute or so. Enjoy!