Spicy Southwest Stuffed Peppers (prep time 10 min, cook time 20 min, makes 8 servings)
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 tsp, ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 9 whole bell peppers
- 8 tbsp. crushed pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the ground turkey.
- While the ground turkey is cooking, cut the peppers in halves and clean out the middle of each one.
- Set one pepper aside and finely chop.
- When the turkey is almost finished cooking, add in the spinach and finely chopped pepper.
- Add in the ground pepper, cayenne, paprika, chili powder, garlic and cumin,
- Stuff each pepper half with the turkey mixture and top each pepper with 1 tbsp. pine nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until peppers are nearly soft).