Sprouted Seasonal Salad in a Jar (prep time 10 min, makes 5 servings)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed if using canned
- 1 1/4 cups grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups edamame beans
- 1 1/4 cups pine nuts or other nuts
- 2 1/2 cups fresh sprouts: alfalfa, mustard, clover
For the Basil Vinaigrette:
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a container with fitted lit and shake well.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and pour basil vinaigrette over, mixing to combine.
- Place 1/2 cup chickpea/vinaigrette mixture into each container. Layer 1/4 cup carrots, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup edamame, 1/4 cup nuts and 1/2 cup sprouts. Seal jar tight until ready to eat.