Tomato Frittata (prep time 15 min, cook time 15 min, makes 6 servings)
- 10 large egg whites
- 5 large egg yolks
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 scallions, white and greens separated, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. feta
- Place a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Beat egg whites and yolks in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and scallion whites and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour eggs over spinach mixture, shaking pan to evenly distribute and cook until edges and bottom are just set, about 30 seconds. Top with scallion greens and dill, then tomatoes and feta. Season lightly with salt and pepper and transfer skillet to oven.
- Broil until frittata is golden brown and center is set, about 4 minutes.