Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls (prep time 5 min, cook time 30 min, makes 4 servings)
- 7 small yellow potatoes
- 15 oz. can chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into strips and lay flat on 1/2 of a baking sheet. Spray/drizzle them with EVOO and sprinkle 1 tsp. turmeric and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add 1 tsp. of paprika. Lay the chickpeas on the other 1/2 of the baking sheet next to the potatoes.
- Roast the chickpeas and the potatoes for about 25 minutes (until potatoes are a little bit soft).
- Cook the quinoa with 1/2 cup of water. Once the quinoa is cooked, add 1 tsp. turmeric (salt/pepper to taste), mix together and let cool.
- Divide the kale into 4 servings and place in bowls (use as needed).
- Slice the avocado and split into the 4 bowls (use as needed).
- Add the quinoa and roasted chickpeas/potatoes to the bowls and serve!